Sunday, July 09, 2006

Dad was a Hall of Fame caliber grumbler! He was often at his very best (and funniest) at breakfast after viewing the morning attacks by the media. Naturally, my sister assumed that Grumbleberries being served for breakfast was the only reasonable supposition. Although he only had an 8th Grade education, Dad was interested and had an opinion on everything. He was a strong supporter of Unions and the Democratic party and as a result blamed everything on Republicans and big business. I've been told that I am much like him and readily admit to sounding more like him every day. I started this blog in order to give my wife a break from my continuous tirades over the politics and news reports. Heaven knows she doesn't need it. I also want to honor the memory of my dad, who passed away in 2000. He was indeed a character and one of the most amusing people that I have ever known. Not too much grumbling to do right now but I'm sure that I'll get warmed up soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Grumbleberries said...

Happy Birthday to my sister, Punko!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Grumbleberries said...

Absolutely!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home