Sunday, July 09, 2006

Particular Pup (PP) and me!

I've been told that I need to get more exercise and loose weight in order to get my blood pressure down. One thing I do religiously is walk for at least 30 minutes per day. Particular Pup (PP) will not do her business on our lawn so I usually have her drag me around. I like this part of our walk including the dance of joy when PP finally chooses a spot to poop. The thing that really raises my blood pressure though is all of the noise that we encounter during these trips. Tonight for example we encountered seams using their air brakes, LOUD middle school girls, numerous muffler-defective cars and motorcycles but worst of all is the loud, loud rap music with the window rattling base emanating from the kid's cars in our neighborhood. PP and I agree that this noise is very irritating. In fact PP has learned a number of words young pups should not hear on our numerous trips. I realized that my walks were not relaxing when I was about to whip the finger to some 8o something lady as she was driving past. I really hope my walks help me get into better shape but have my doubts about them helping my blood pressure. I genuinely am more stressed after our walk than I am before. Is the world louder than it used to be or am I just getting older and more "sensitive"? Strangely writing of my irritation seems to make me feel better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grumbleberries said...

I'm afraid it has the opposite effect.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home