Saturday, July 22, 2006

War

Great article about pacifism at DailyKos here. There are many, many great quotes by people warning of the horrors of war. The one that confirms what I have always believed, is the one from George Orwell...."War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it." The now almost forgotten war in Iraq and the all but forgotten war in Afghanistan is hopefully not morphing into something bigger as a result of US sanctioned actions by Israel. I tend to think that the some of the "moneyed" interests will begin rethinking the power that they have given the present administration. I sure hope this is just not wishful thinking. ....Stolen from something I've read today and paraphrased....if the Middle East is the Holy Land, I'd hate to see Hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home